“To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.” – Steve Prefontaine
That quote changed my life. Not only for my running and athletic career, but for all that I do in life.
Michigan native. Lived in Alaska, Florida, Colorado, Michigan (again), and currently in Arizona.
Childhood was nothing short of an adventure. Serious about running at the age of 9; while chasing my older brother, it turned into an obsession and I haven’t stopped since. 47 years later, I still find the greatest joy lacing up and heading out the door.
High School in Alaska, senior year in Michigan, college in Michigan, first job in Colorado, first pro race in Florida, and now the place I call my home, Arizona.
Passionate about serving. In all forms. Especially drawn to those with disabilities, more so, intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Also passionate about helping others achieve athletic goals while seeking limitless potential.
Raced as a collegiate runner, professional triathlete, semi-professional cyclist, endurance mountain biker and then discovered ultra-running, oh my.
- 1996 created Excel & Beyond Coaching & Events, currently one of the largest multisport coaches in AZ.
- 2010 Executive Director of Best Buddies AZ for 7 years
- 2017 created the nonprofit, 2Gether We Live, I am the current CEO and Founder.
- 2020 January, diagnosed with Stage 4 Lymphoma
- 2020 September, left knee replacement during cancer treatments
- 2021 found my true purpose: to empower others to believe in themselves. To find happiness, more meaningful relationships, accountability, and to test their own unlimited capabilities in all capacities.
Since my diagnosis, I have found a greater sense of fulfillment with all that I do. No more aimless time wasted or pointless training. My goal is simply to share with and impact others, as many as possible, for as long as possible.